Monday, September 19, 2011

Firenze

I am presently at Justin's apartment hanging out with his roommates cooking a pasta dish and drinking some red wine.  I spent the day walking around Florence after a wonderful lunch split between two different spots. The highlight was the crustini featuring tomatoes and capers. Delicioso. I decided to just wander without really knowing where I was going. Ended up seeing some amazing sights, including several really beautiful churches which I explored. There were very few people in them and I often had the places to myself which was cool. 




Courtyard inside church

Blue sky before storm hit, luckily I made it back to my hostel just in time
Check out the storm clouds over the train station

Not really sure what all of the sights I saw are called but I really enjoyed them and I love Florence already. It is easy to get around and difficult to get lost. A lot smaller than Rome. There are even more Gelatarias it seems. I ended up getting a tiramasu flavored gelato on the way back to the hostel which was superb. It is kinda cool to not really have much of an idea about what all of the sights are in the city, and just stumbling across these really amazing structures. I still have much to see tomorrow, I will try and go across the river and check out the Ufizi and Ponte Vechio. I'll leave you with a few more pics from Florence today. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment