Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sick Again

So the last few days have not been so fun. I contracted  a fever and had to spend some time going to doctors and hospitals. I was really concerned that I may have gotten malaria, because I had a lot of the symptoms. So I went to the hospital, which was an experience in itself, and took all my strength to make it there yesterday, I was so weak and tired. But made it. Then after some waiting I got a blood test, and went back 5 hours later to learn that everything was fine. No malaria. Thank god. So I was supposed to leave for Dharamsala today, but there is no way this is happening now. I actually think I wanna come home as soon as possible. Being sick really took a lot out of me and I have kind of had it with everything to be honest. It is unfortunate that the trip might have to end on a sour note, but I have done sooo much and am proud of what I have done. I do not think there is any shame in throwing in the towl. I spoke to a taxi man that can take me to Delhi in two days, and I am going to try to get a flight back on the 2nd of November, I think. I am just exhausted and do not think I can keep traveling. It would probably be in my best interest to get home. And I really miss home at this point. So this is the tentative plan, I will try to make another post when I get further along. 

3 comments:

  1. Pat! Hydrate! Can't wait until you are safely home in the U.S. of A and tell us about your wild travels. You could also bring the Ravens some luck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your adventures and all the people you have met. Travel safe . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are not are not feeling dissapointed in your decision to come home. I think you are doing the right thing! Plus we are happy you will now be with us to celebrate Sophia's christening. We are really looking forward to seeing you and hearing all about your travels firsthand!! Have a safe/healthy trip home!!!

    ReplyDelete